December 17, 2017, 03:52:42 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Question about iCloud backups  (Read 102 times)

MCarmona0812

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Question about iCloud backups
« on: November 23, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a question about iCloud and backups. I have an iPhone 8 from an iPhone 7. I did a backup of my 7 on my computer but couldnít restore it on my 8 because the iOS on my 8 was an older version. I had the beta version on my 7. I did the beta on my 8 and was able to restore but I donít like the betas. My battery life dies way too fast. If I do an iCloud backup on my iPhone 8 and factory reset my 8, will the iOS revert back to the official release? Also will be able to use the iCloud backup to restore my phone without having to add the beta back? My biggest concern is losing my pictures. I just want to be able to restore my phone exactly how I have it now without having to download the beta iOS to my phone. That was the issue trying to restore my iPhone 8 using the back up on my computer that had the iOS beta version. I hope Iím making sense. I just donít want to go through the hassle and time of wiping my iPhone 8 to just then not be able to restore it from the iCloud backup because my 8 iOS version is too old for the backup. Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:38:19 AM by MCarmona0812 »

* Hot Topics

* Top Boards

* 'Like' and 'Follow' Us!

iPhone Community

* Popularity

Klotar Klotar
Popularity: 1
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
Popularity: 0